Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Counting days in a row

Kjaer
8 - Asteroid

Hi

I have this column of dates (in this format) and want to calculate the days starting from 01-01-2021 and ending 31-12-2021.

Can anyone help me?

Regards 

Kjaer

9 REPLIES 9
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

your dates fed in as dates on my machine so I didn't have to do any conversions - assuming this is true in your workflow - use multi-row formula configured as pictured.

date counter.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Kjaer , similar approach like @apathetichell , just added the DateTimeParse method 

binuacs_0-1641245157665.png

Kjaer
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs 

Thanks for the solutions. In this case my input is a tabel from excel like the one I posted. That means that I have to make a change in the date format before it works. I have tried but no. Can you help me.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Kjaer 
It works just in my test.
The alteryx imported the data in Date Format.
Can you show your example?

Capture1A.PNG

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Kjaer 

If the dates in excel are in date datatype (like below) Alteryx will automatically take it as a date.

atcodedog05_0-1641278337475.png

If still, you are facing the issue here is a modified version of @binuacs workflow which should handle the dateformat. Change the date to the input format to get them parsed here date format is %d-%m-%Y. Refer to this page for more info https://help.alteryx.com/20213/designer/datetime-functions

Workflow:

atcodedog05_1-1641278461084.png

Hope this helps : )

Kjaer
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 

It doesn´t work for me. Now I have posted my excel file and the alteryx-file. I just get null in the new column.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Kjaer 

Try this

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1641310508371.png

Hope this helps : )

Kjaer
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 

Now it works. Thank you :-)))