Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Counting Business Days, disregarding holidays

ZoeM
8 - Asteroid

Hello Champs.

I have a need to calculate the number of business days between Start and End disregarding any holidays. And if there is no End date available, calculate # of business days to today.

Below is a sample of data with the requirement.

Business Days Example.JPG

 Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@ZoeM 
It will be good you can provide the input as data file and also we need a list of Holidays to exclude.

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Always good to maintain a separate excel sheet of all the holidays to exclude. Easier to update and change etc.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
ZoeM
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu I actually have no need to exclude any holidays since we are looping them in.

I have also attached a data sample size. 

ZoeM
8 - Asteroid

@BS_THE_ANALYST 

I was actually hoping for something simple beacuse I d onot need to worry about holidays, really just how to exclude Saturday and Sunday from my data set.

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@ZoeM 
I've attached a file and commented on the tools to provide a structure for you to navigate through. 

That'll show you a way to exclude the weekends between two dates.

All the best,

BS

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@ZoeM you might want to adjust the count though as I've said if today is the start date and tomorrow is the end date that this is a count of 2 days i.e. Monday & Tuesday. You may want to adjust this and subtract one using a formula tool.

All the best,

BS

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@ZoeM 
There is very good solution in below thread to your question.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Count-workday-difference-betwe...
I used the formula there and get it working.

0409-Zoem.png

ZoeM
8 - Asteroid

While all the solutions provided an answer, this one specifically addressed my exact business need. 

thank you @Qiu 

Labels