Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Count working days with a Holiday

ISUGraber
8 - Asteroid

I've seena  few links on this but the one that looked promising:  Had uploaded WFs that were in a version of Alteryx I couldn't open.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Count-working-days/td-p/672159 

So hopefully someone can help me out.  

I have a list of Saturdays that are when my companies invoices are produced.  I need to count the # of working days that occurred during that week.  So Saturday 4/10/2021 would cover the 5 working days between 4/4/2021 and 4/10/2021.

However, I also have a holiday table that has the holidays for this account.  It's just a table with dates in it.  So anytime one of those dates matches up to a date in the 5 working days I need to subtract one.  

So far I can't seem to find a simple way to do a datename and thent join and convert.  I'm sure I'm missing something so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Have you looked at some of the answers to this weekly challenge?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-252-Working-Days-Remaining/td-p/708644

There are a slew of weekly challenges devoted to counting date differences - but this one was specifically designed to allow for a secondary input of a user specified list of holidays.

Basically you can adapt these - my memory is that some of the workflows used generate rows with the relevant dates and then filter out weekends/user specified holidays and run a count...

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @ISUGraber,

There was a weekly challenge (#252) that was recently related to this and I would have pointed you to the post you referenced as well.  I attached a workflow based on the post you referenced with your specific example.  I saved it using Alteryx version 2019.02, so hopefully you can open it.

Labels