Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Count working days with a Holiday

ISUGraber
8 - Asteroid

I've seena  few links on this but the one that looked promising:  Had uploaded WFs that were in a version of Alteryx I couldn't open.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Count-working-days/td-p/672159 

So hopefully someone can help me out.  

I have a list of Saturdays that are when my companies invoices are produced.  I need to count the # of working days that occurred during that week.  So Saturday 4/10/2021 would cover the 5 working days between 4/4/2021 and 4/10/2021.

However, I also have a holiday table that has the holidays for this account.  It's just a table with dates in it.  So anytime one of those dates matches up to a date in the 5 working days I need to subtract one.  

So far I can't seem to find a simple way to do a datename and thent join and convert.  I'm sure I'm missing something so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
19 - Altair

Have you looked at some of the answers to this weekly challenge?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-252-Working-Days-Remaining/td-p/708644

There are a slew of weekly challenges devoted to counting date differences - but this one was specifically designed to allow for a secondary input of a user specified list of holidays.

Basically you can adapt these - my memory is that some of the workflows used generate rows with the relevant dates and then filter out weekends/user specified holidays and run a count...

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @ISUGraber,

There was a weekly challenge (#252) that was recently related to this and I would have pointed you to the post you referenced as well.  I attached a workflow based on the post you referenced with your specific example.  I saved it using Alteryx version 2019.02, so hopefully you can open it.

Labels