Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Copy specific cell values from multiple worksheets and paste it in a summary sheet

Mozammel
7 - Meteor

Hello ,

I am trying to copy certain cell values from multiple worksheet in excel and combine them in one worksheet as a summary. I have attached a file to explain it further. Sheet 1 to sheet 10 are where all the values are. I am trying to copy the same cell no values and paste it in the summary tab so that I can compare them at one go. I was trying to do a VB macro however i was having issues with certain parts. I was wondering if Alteryx has a much easier solution.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Not sure how "hard coded" your spreadsheet is, but assuming that the rows you want the data from are always the same, you can use a Select Records tool on each sheet and run it through a batch macro with the list of sheets.

There may be a more elegant way to do this, but maybe this will give you some ideas.

I've attached my example...

Mozammel
7 - Meteor

Thanks. It worked like a charm. Only down side was I have more than 1000 Sheets. But thats ok.

Labels