Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Copy entire excel sheet to output

ILANGO_S
6 - Meteoroid

Please help me to copy a particular sheet of a excel file to the output excel file without changing formatting.I have attached the 2 input files and the expected output file.

3 REPLIES 3
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @ILANGO_S,

There's a few ways of doing this. One way is to specify the sheet in the output like this:

IraWatt_1-1650828506235.png

ILANGO_S
6 - Meteoroid

I tried the above workflow but the formattimg is lost. I require a workflow which copies the sheet to uoutput instead of rebuilding the formatting because the file which I shared has few formatting but the original file has many formatting.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Sorry, I missed the table formatting. From reading this post Excel formatting - Alteryx Community I believe the only way to natively apply formatting in Alteryx is through the rendering tool. However I haven't been able to render to two separate sheets using this tool.

IraWatt_0-1650877852417.png

IraWatt_1-1650877915696.png

Two other options available is to use a macro in excel to auto apply the formatting or use the Alteryx python tool using the xlsxpandasformatter library shown here: Applying formatting to multiple Excel sheets using Python and XLSXWriter - Stack Overflow

Labels