Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Converting values to positive or negative in a row

kv-defy
8 - Asteroid
 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
E1-2-5-59-2-10-29-56-172-501
E2234152512

Above in the original table and I would like to change E1 to positive and E2 to negative. I know how to do it for columns but i have a lot of columns so is there a quicker way to convert the rows into negative/positive values faster?

Desired outcome:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
E125592102956172501
E2-2-3-4-1-5-2-5-1-2
5 REPLIES 5
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @kv-defy, you can use the Multi-Field Formula tool to handle all of the columns at once! Workbook attached.

DataNath_0-1655716437538.png

kv-defy
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much but my values are huge and converting them into a double or other form will distort the values given. Is there any other way?

DataNath
17 - Castor

Not sure what you do with these numbers downstream or if you just need them converting for a view, but you could just keep them in string format to show the whole number. Double is the largest numeric data type but will still convert larger numbers into scientific notation. If these numbers will always be within a specified limit/degree of accuracy then you could convert to a FixedDecimal but if not then I'm not aware of any way to keep the full display and make them numeric. Have included a large number in this example (using the string method) just to show it working:

DataNath_0-1655717939474.png

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@kv-defy, another solution to your problem.

grazitti_sapna_0-1655718124111.png

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Kurohits
10 - Fireball

Hi @kv-defy 

Pretty easy with Multi Field formula tool. I have attached 2 methods. One is long and another is just one tool and job done. Check out and let me know if you need any further help. 

Kurohits_0-1655723108868.png

Thanks 

Rohit Gupta

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels