Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Connection to SharePoint - Multiple Users

Kristie_Pires
8 - Asteroid

Hello there,

I have a workflow connected to SharePoint where I am the user (the red circle is my employee ID). However, other people run the workflow as well. So every time someone else runs the workflow they update the employee ID so that they can access the data. Is there a way to have a connection to SharePoint, and not have to manually update the employee ID (SharePoint path) every time another user uses the workflow? 

Kristie_Pires_0-1652453918680.png

Thank you - I'd appreciate any feedback. 

5 REPLIES 5
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Kristie_Pires 

Is the workflow saved in a central location? You could look into relative paths https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Relative-Paths/ta-p/1160

Matthew
11 - Bolide

one possibility would be to run an alteryx server, and set up a special sharepoint user just for running this workflow

Kristie_Pires
8 - Asteroid

@Luke_C Thank you! However, even after updating the path to "relative" it still had my employee connected to it.

Yes, the workflow was saved in a central location.

Kristie_Pires_0-1652459261568.png

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Kristie_Pires 

Assuming everyone has the same folder structure, it should be a matter of just updating the file path to be relative yourself instead of relying on the automated function of the screen you're in. Replacing users\username with the periods should do the trick.

Kristie_Pires
8 - Asteroid

For some reason that doesn't work for me. Maybe it has to do with it being linked to SharePoint.

Labels