Announcement | We'll be doing maintenance between 2-3 hours, which may impact your experience. Thanks for your patience as we work on improving the community!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Conditional Formatting Unique Values in Same Column

mfranchino21
7 - Meteor

Hi All, 

I am trying to do the following - 

Code:

Walmart                7011

Target                   4234

Stores:        ShopRite               2342

Trader Joes          7011

Apple                    9902

With this data, I would want to highlight each row that doesn't contain a 'Code' value of 7011 or 2342. This would highlight the 'Target' and 'Apple' rows. My data is stored as a string, and I have tried using conditional formatting for my basic table. When doing so, I can only call out one value in my != function and the formatting ignores the rest, so I've been stuck only highlighting one code. If this doesn't make sense I can explain more, but essentially I want to highlight every code's row that isn't equal to the codes I am looking for in my basic table. 

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@mfranchino21 One way of doing this

image.png

AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

If you are using the Table Tool, then you will want to create a Row Rule then select "Apply" to Formula with the following formula: IF [Code] in ("7011","2342") THEN 0 ELSE 1 ENDIF

Screenshot.png

mfranchino21
7 - Meteor

What if I wanted to the opposite, and highlight what isnt what i want. Would I need to change the 'contains'?  I asked my initial question backwards, I want to highlight what isnt what I want, but i wont know all variables incoming, i will only know the ones i want, and i want to highlight the ones i dont. 

mfranchino21
7 - Meteor

I tried !Contains and couldnt get it as well

Labels