Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Conditional Formatting Unique Values in Same Column

mfranchino21
7 - Meteor

Hi All, 

I am trying to do the following - 

Code:

Walmart                7011

Target                   4234

Stores:        ShopRite               2342

Trader Joes          7011

Apple                    9902

With this data, I would want to highlight each row that doesn't contain a 'Code' value of 7011 or 2342. This would highlight the 'Target' and 'Apple' rows. My data is stored as a string, and I have tried using conditional formatting for my basic table. When doing so, I can only call out one value in my != function and the formatting ignores the rest, so I've been stuck only highlighting one code. If this doesn't make sense I can explain more, but essentially I want to highlight every code's row that isn't equal to the codes I am looking for in my basic table. 

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@mfranchino21 One way of doing this

image.png

AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

If you are using the Table Tool, then you will want to create a Row Rule then select "Apply" to Formula with the following formula: IF [Code] in ("7011","2342") THEN 0 ELSE 1 ENDIF

Screenshot.png

mfranchino21
7 - Meteor

What if I wanted to the opposite, and highlight what isnt what i want. Would I need to change the 'contains'?  I asked my initial question backwards, I want to highlight what isnt what I want, but i wont know all variables incoming, i will only know the ones i want, and i want to highlight the ones i dont. 

mfranchino21
7 - Meteor

I tried !Contains and couldnt get it as well

Labels