Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RESUELTAS

Compare Data in 2 Sources with a primary key

vdataqlalt
Meteoroide

My requirement is to create a report after comparing data between two source ie compare employee data between two sources and identify the employee data is in sync between two sources.

SOURCE A

EMP_NUM   NAME    CITY

1                          JO             Dubai

2                          KO             Paris

SOURCE B

Source B

EMP_NUM   NAME    CITY

1                      JO            Newyork

2                      KO           Paris

My report should compare each employee raw by raw and create a report like below

A.EMP_NOB.EMP_NOEMP_NO_MATCHA.NAMEB.NAMENAME_MATCHA.CITYB.CITYCITY_MATCH
11MatchJoJoMatchDubaiNewyorkMismatched
22MatchKOKOMatchParisParisMatch

how can we do this? 

4 RESPUESTAS 4
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

I normally like to do a transpose/crosstab approach as seen below because it makes it easier to read across your data and filter if desired. Workflow is attached for reference. 

matching.png

vdataqlalt
Meteoroide

thanks ..there are chances that the record in source A  is completely missing in source B..how can we report that 

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

You can add a union tool directly after the join and have both the L, the J, and the R from the Join tool feeding into the union. This way all records will come through even when there isn't a match.

vdataqlalt
Meteoroide

Thanks.I have added a Union, but after the transpose, I get the records which are common only,

if I get a separate column telling 'Present In Both' , 'Not In Source B', Not In Source A' that is also fine

vsajeeva_0-1612796488225.png

Etiquetas