Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Column Matching When UploadingTo Sharepoint

kstarosta
5 - Atom

Hello!  I am creating a workflow that will simply read data out of a SQL Server table, and do a "Delete List and Append" to a Sharepoint list.  Between the Input Data tool and the Sharepoint List Output tool, I am utilizing a single Select tool.  I'm using it to reorder the original data, and to rename a few column headers.  My question is this...

Do the number of columns from the Input Tool need to exactly match the number of columns in the Sharepoint list?  Do they need to be a 1:1 match all the way through in order to successfully upload the data to Sharepoint?

Thanks for any help you can give!  I'm new to Alteryx, and am enjoying it so far!

~ Keith

2 REPLIES 2
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hey @kstarosta 

My guess would be yes, though I have no experience with the SharePoint list tool specifically, but when writing data to a database this is a requirement, all headers must exist, nothing more nothing less, else you will get an error! I imagine this will be the same here!

I would just have a test though and play around, it would be good to know the real answer!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @kstarosta 

Just to add to @BenMoss' post.  There an internal id column that SharePoint uses, I don't remember the exact name but it's something similar to "ListID".  The values in this column are auto generated on insert to the SP list, so don't include this column when doing an Append or Delete List and Append.   

Dan

Labels