Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Checking the sequence of invoice number

NehaNevrekar
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I want to check the sequence of Invoice number. The invoice number can be numeric, alphanumeric or can also contain special characters. The data may also include more than one series.

I am attaching the proforma for your reference.

Would appreciate if you can send the solution in a workflow. Let me know in case if you need additional information.

Thank you!!

Regards,

Neha

5 REPLIES 5
Raj_Singh1
9 - Comet

Hi @NehaNevrekar ,

is it possible to have more information like sample input column and then desired column, with some 10-20 values populated. 

NehaNevrekar
8 - Asteroid

Hey Hi Raj,

I have attached the sample invoice number. I want to check whether they are in sequence or not. I would want a separate column saying whether it is in sequence or not.

For instance: Last invoice number was 1233. If suppose the last invoice number is not provided then the first number from the below series should be in sequence always.

Invoice NumberWhether in sequence
1234In sequence
1235In sequence
1237Not in sequence

Not in sequence

TIN1234

In sequence

TIN1235

In sequence

TCN1267

In sequence

TCN1270

Not in sequence

ABC-7654

In sequence

ABC-7655

In sequence

ABC-7666

Not in sequence

XYZ / 257In sequence
XYZ / 259Not in sequence
ABC-2011/2020In sequence
ABC-2111/2020Not in sequence

Raj_Singh1
9 - Comet

this one seems bit tricky as its combination of various characters and not a consistent format. 

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Dear @NehaNevrekar,

Please see the attached workflow

I'll let you do the check when the invoice number is 2011/2020 as it's not clear how you calculate the sequence in this case.

However it works for the others 🙂

messi007_0-1605111913377.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution 🙂

Regards

AM
5 - Atom

Want to implement this in R. Don't have Alteryx on my machine anymore but is anyone able to explain the logical steps behind the CheckSequence.yxmd workflow. It will be super helpful to other readers in the community. 

Labels