Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RESUELTAS

Changing parameters in Google Drive Tools with Interface connection

CMason_tpa_bay
Meteoroide

Has anyone had success on changing the Google Drive Parameters (changing Drive folders) with interface tools?  I'm interested in trying via workflow data or directly entering through text box.  The folder I've tried to replace is the /01/.  I've tried replacing the entire string and just the folder name. I've tried in the Path Attribute and the Folder Path Attribute

15 RESPUESTAS 15
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@CMason_tpa_bay 
I have not used this tool and just a blind shoot, how about adding the Quotation marks at the beginning and the end?

Capture-r1.PNG

CMason_tpa_bay
Meteoroide

I've tried everything that I can think of doing: 

No quotes,

single quotes,

double quotes,

just changing the '01',

changing the whole string,

trying to change the attribute below it [FolderPath]

changing both the [Path] attribute and the [FolderPath] one below,

Carolyn
Bólido

Yeah, that doesn't seem to work. I was just playing with it and changing the File Path and FolderPath. Even if I changed it to garbage data (for ex, via the App, I told it to look for Folder Path "asdf" which doesn't exist), it still looked at the one that was set in the main workflow. 

The Google Drive Tools aren't as robust as some of their other tools, so I'm not surprised that this functionality is missing. Any time I run into unexpected behavior, I log a Case and they have fixed a number of my issues. I would suggest logging a Case with Alteryx Support so they can look into this and potentially route it to Engineering to address.

CMason_tpa_bay
Meteoroide

Thanks for checking Carolyn.  I started to look into all of the other fields and noticed the FolderId attribute which has a 32character ID.  That ID is different from the other folders in the same lineage. Maybe I'll poke around a bit more, thanks for the idea to log a case.

Carolyn
Bólido

If you remember, can you post an update here? I haven't run into needing that yet, but I likely will in the future :) 

apathetichell
Altair

combining the the gsheets and gdrive tools was "odd." it's also "odd" that Alteryx hasn't invested more in making a useable tool. are you updating both FolderID and DriveID in the tool or Path and FolderPath? You need at least two action tools. 

apathetichell
Altair

o.k. - did this for writing files. it took 5 distinct parts of the gdrive tool to be updated in order to do it... and that's without changing any formatting or filetypes. The values you need to change (for writing) are:

path - this should be formatted to match something like: /test/this_is_a_gdrive_test.csv - which test is your directory name.

FolderName - as bove this would be test

FolderIdsArr - this is key value pair like [{"name":"test","{{my unique folder id"}]

FolderId - value- this is the {{my unique folder id}} from above

NewFileName- value - this is a new filename value - in my case it was this_is_a_gdrive_test.csv...NOTE IF YOU DO NOT SEE THIS AS AN ENTERABLE FIELD - START AGAIN.

you will need to configure your gdrive with a specific file/format in your macro.

Note - writing 4 one line files took close to 50 seconds - so if I had this in production I'd either cry, use python/jwt or figure out some other workaround. Not Alteryx's finest moment.

CMason_tpa_bay
Meteoroide

Thx @apathetichell

I haven't had time to mess with it, but if it worked as an output for you it should work as an input. I'll give it a shot when I get some time.

CMason_tpa_bay
Meteoroide

So this works, basically you'll have to pre-map the before and after and make an interface entry for every attribute that changes.  In my example, I changed the input from one folder to another (under the same subfolder) and used a identical filename.  I had to change Path, FolderPath, FolderId, FolderName, FolderIdsArr, and SelectedIndex.  In the end it's probably not worth it, unless there's absolutely no work around.

Etiquetas