Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Change bg color of rows based on other sheet IDs

ShantanuDagar
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have 2 sheets, 1 base sheet and another analysis sheet.

Both sheets have 1 column with IDs.

I want to change background color of all the rows in analysis sheet which are present in base sheet.

Base sheet has around 20K while analysis sheet has around 400K rows.

So, 

If analysis sheet has rows with IDs in 1 column like, 1001,1002,1003,1004,1005,1003,1004,1006 etc.

And base sheet has rows with IDs in 1 column like 1001,1002,1003,1004,1005,1006

So all the rows of analysis sheet should get background color.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
TheMattLeonard
8 - Asteroid

In my experience, doing any formatting in Alteryx is more trouble than it's worth. If I were you I'd look into conditional formatting in Excel (specifically using formulas). Select all the records in your output, and then your expression should be something like =IFNA(VLOOKUP(Lookup from analysis sheet to base sheet),"N/A")<>"N/A". Change the background color to be what you want and then any hits on that vlookup should format as intended.

If you want to do it with the Table Tool in Alteryx, you'll have a couple steps before actually using that table tool. You would need do a join between the Analysis and Base Sheet based on your ID. Don't actually bring in any fields from the base sheet, but on all of those records that join, use a formula tool and make a new column called "Base Sheet" with the expression "Present". In the Table Tool, go to Edit Row Rule, change the mode to formula, and use the expression [Base Sheet] = "Present" and format as you wish. You can deselect the Base Sheet column so it isn't present in the output. You can still reference it for formulas when you do this.

Hope this helps

Labels