Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can you pass a "Table" snippet object to a Macro via the Macro Input?

corey_hermanson
5 - Atom

I want to create custom reports for multiple users, where each user only sees their data.  I'm thinking I need a batch macro to accomplish this. I've created multiple "Table" snippet objects per user, unioned them together, and now want to use a batch macro to implement the logic "for each user, format a report using these tables, and distribute". However, when I look at a "Macro Input" tool, I only see text input and file input as the template options.

Is there a way to pass in an Alteryx object ("Table" in this case) to macros? Or do I need to pass the data into the macro and create the tables within the macro?

data with "Table" object:

userTablesheet
John SmithTable - View Browse Tool Report Tabdetails
Alice MatthewsTable - View Browse Tool Report Tabdetails
John SmithTable - View Browse Tool Report Taboverview
Alice MatthewsTable - View Browse Tool Report Taboverview

Screenshot 2023-08-30 181538.png

1 REPLY 1
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Yes. You can. I'd recommend taking a .yxdb of the table snippets in your main workflow and using that as your template input for your macro input. Sometimes report snippets are viewed as plain text internally - and this might circumvent that issue.  That issue is during build only - and should not affect the report snippet when running the workflow.

Labels