Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can't store macro name to a variable

ianjohnston
8 - Asteroid

good morning

i have a workflow which calls three macros

the macros each need to write a confirmation message to a database table, something like "MyMacro1.yxmc has written 10 records" or "MyMacro2.yxmc has written 50 records" etc etc etc

as with my other workflows I use formula and pass [Engine.WorkflowFileName] to a variable and use that. as standalone macros [Engine.WorkflowFileName] is correctly written to the database table.

however, when the macros are called from "TheCallingWorkflow.yxmd" they do not pick up the macro name. instead the confirmation message written to the database table is "TheCallingWorkflow.yxmd has written 10 records" or "TheCallingWorkflow.yxmd has written 50 records" and so on

any ideas how i ensure the macros pick up their own [Engine.WorkflowFileName] and not that of the calling workflow?

thanks v much

ianjonna

ps - of course, i want avoid hardcoding the name of the macro !!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @ianjohnston 

Unfortunately, i dont think that this is possible without hardcoding the macro name. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Dynamically-representing-the-name-of-t...

ianjohnston
8 - Asteroid

thanks very much @Felipe_Ribeir0 

it's a bit of a shame we don't have any functionality for this

i will go for hardcoding right now, but keep trying to work out how I might do it and update here with anything I come across

cheers

ianjonna

Labels