Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Can't figure out what my error is

Lauritsjust
7 - Meteor

Hi All

One year ago I created an MT535 message reader using Alteryx, as I did not have a program that could read the files properly. 
I saved a "Working" copy and haven't touched it since, but now I am not getting the result that I used to get. 

Does anyone have an idea where my error is? (I believe it is somewhere in the data load part in the beginning?)

Further information:
The flow is loading a list of .txt files (80+ normally (only 2 dummys attached)) and is extracting the information needed using the flow. Information is e.g. account number, units (quantity), price and total value. 

I do believe, that the error occurs somewhere after the unique identifier, where I would like each of the Tile_Num to represent a row and each of the Tile_sequenceNum to be a column in the corresponding row, so that I can continue to isolate the columns/row needed and finally sort them so each of the rows represent 1 stock/holding of a stock. 

I have attached 2x dummy sheets and my flow. Any help or advise would be incredible appreciated.

Kind Regards

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

In the Dynamic Rename tool (tool id 36), how do you expect the field [Meta] to be copied to the main data stream?  A Dynamic Rename won't add fields from another data stream, it only renames fields. 

Then in the next tool Dynamic Select (tool id 37), you have [Description]="keep", which has zero records in the output anchor.

Chris

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Lauritsjust ,

Your formula tool #45 is referring to fields such as "Account" in the formula where you're actually creating those fields. The fields do not exist:

mceleavey_0-1677007591291.png

My guess is the format of the file has changed as there is no parsing of the elements within the file.

M.

Bulien

Labels