Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Call and run workflows from a seperate workflow

recoilx
8 - Asteroid

Hello everyone,

I have two separate complex workflows.  I would like to create a third workflow that will systematically call and run the two workflows and then combine them via a union within the third macro.  What tool(s) do I use to have the third workflow call and run the two other workflows?  Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Deano478
12 - Quasar

hey @recoilx I'd suggest you look into the Runner Macro that is part of the CREW Macro pack It essentially creates a master workflow that will run the others sequentially per you execution order.

Here's a link to the Pack

http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/p/macros.html

recoilx
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!

recoilx
8 - Asteroid

I downloaded these macros and can get this runner macro to work.  However, the two workflows that I am pulling into the third do not output a file, I just have the results being displayed in a browse tool.  Do I have to output the results of those two files in order for the third workflow to combine the data or is there a way to cache the results of the two workflows so that the third workflow reads from the cache and union's them?

Labels