Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculation for specific period update

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am trying to build a flow that updates the amount for a specific period on the basis of dates. Please assist me in designing the flow. Kindly look at the details in the attached sheet.

5 REPLIES 5
Peachyco
11 - Bolide

Certainly manageable by Transposing the dataset, doing the necessary data manipulation, and then Cross-Tabbing the dataset back into its original format.

Alteryx - Learner09 Calculation for specific period a.png

Note that I had to make some modifications to the original dataset in Excel. I aligned all the necessary columns so that their column names are in the same row in Excel:

Alteryx - Learner09 Calculation for specific period b.png

This is the resulting dataset:

Alteryx - Learner09 Calculation for specific period c.png

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

@Peachyco thank you so much for the flow, it working fine, but now I have another requirement I have to update the USD at the customer level for different customers. Could you please modify the flow at the customer level? Please the example file.

Peachyco
11 - Bolide

@Learner09 You only need to make these adjustments:

• Add [Customer] to the key columns of the Transpose Tool
  • Add [Customer] to the grouping of the Cross Tab Tool
  • Untick [Customer] in the Dynamic Rename Tool so that its column name doesn't get modified

Alteryx - Learner09 Calculation for specific period d.png

You can keep following the steps above for any similar field that you need to add. The formula is only really concerned with [USD], [Start Date] and [End Date].

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

@Peachyco thank you, it working fine, is there any way we can build a macro for this problem?

Peachyco
11 - Bolide

@Learner09 

The bulk of this workflow is automated so you really only need to modify the starting and the ending tools.

• This workflow starts with an Input Data Tool. You can either attach a Control Parameter Tool to it, or replace it altogether with a Macro Input Tool.

• This workflow just ends in a Browse Tool. You can swap that out for a Macro Output Tool.

With these changes, the workflow becomes a batch macro.

Labels