Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Calculating dynamic multi-row formula

nfontenot
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I'm trying to calculate a simple addition of two numbers in their subset (the "Gain/Loss" in my problem and the subset being that set the of month) but one of those numbers (the "Adj Basis") in the addition is changing based on what the formula was on the subset above it and it needs to be dynamic as the "Gain/Loss" cannot be calculated until the "Adj Basis" formula is done. See attached for my current setup in Alteryx and next to it my desired output with the yellow cells (see the formula in those cells). I've been stuck on this a while I can't wrap my head around how to make this dynamic in Alteryx like you can in Excel.

Thank you for your help!!

2 REPLIES 2
Raj
15 - Aurora

Have you tried using cross tab first and then multi row formula

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@nfontenot 

Can you please accept this link as the solution to this issue to help others if they meet the same problem?

I think it was the same question, right 😉?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Multi-row-if-statement-on-values/m-p/1...

Labels