Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx to read EU file type

Mike_at_CG
8 - Asteroid

Hi All

But of an odd one but hoping the community can help out here. :)

I have been tasked with trying to combine some files we receive from a third party.  I know how to combine CSV and XLS file types already but have never seen the below before.

Mike_at_CG_0-1675436706817.png

When I bring in the dynamic input tool to provide a working example for Alteryx to read the folder is blank.

Mike_at_CG_1-1675436774056.png

I say all that to say this.  Please help! :)

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Mike_at_CG 

Is the file itself a text file that you can view in notepad? If so you can just put the full path (including file name) into the input tool and tell alteryx to read it as a text or csv file. I had a similar use case with another uncommon file type:

Luke_C_0-1675445653062.png

Mike_at_CG
8 - Asteroid

Hey @Luke_C  - Do you know if this would work via the Dynamic Input Tool?  I would need to read and combine hundreds of these files into a master sheet.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

I don't see why it wouldn't, try clicking 'All Data Files' in the file browser for the dynamic input:

Luke_C_0-1675447006720.png

Mike_at_CG
8 - Asteroid

@Luke_C  sorry for the green question but can you point me to where I can find that piece?  Currently looking at this screen.

Mike_at_CG_0-1675448329934.png

Thank you

Luke_C
17 - Castor

No worries! 

1. Click 'Edit' under input data source template
  2. Click 'Set Up a Connection' in the pop-up
  3. Click 'Files' in the pop-up
  4. Click 'Select a File' and navigate to the file
Mike_at_CG
8 - Asteroid

Worked like a charm! Thank you for all the help