Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Calculate remaining Annual Target based off a Daily Target

David_Little
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I'm looking to dynamically calculate a "Remaining Annual Target" based on a calculated quarterly daily target.

David_Little_0-1654765875020.png

At the time of posting we are nearing the end of Q2, So I would need the Remaining Annual Target to = Q4 daily target * No of days in the quarter + Q3 daily target * No of days in the quarter + Q2 daily target * No of days remaining in the quarter (not to include any calculation on the Q1 targets as that has passed)

- This would need to be dynamic, so when we enter Q1 of next year, it would include all quarterly calculations.

Hope that makes sense.

Many thanks in advance !

*Edit - I would need to exclude today's date from the count

13 REPLIES 13
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @David_Little 😄

David_Little
7 - Meteor

Hopefully this is the last example I'll give on this 🙃 But let's say I want to instead of list every single day till year-end. I wanted to group those days into an end-of-month date for each month. Calculating the target based on how many days remain in the month up until year-end (including the current month, but excluding the current day)

David_Little_0-1654801787022.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hahah okay, you may have to check I've got the logic right here:

IraWatt_0-1654806798970.png

This only includes days later than the current date then groups them by month and rep and sums targets for each day in that month.

David_Little
7 - Meteor

Great thanks ! (that was one of those where I asked before thinking. I knew the solution as soon as I pressed send 😀)

As always. thank you so much for your help !

Labels