Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Calculate Local Currency in USD and remain stagnant

BobjiK
8 - Asteroid

Hello Friends

I have a requirement that must convert an amount into USD and remain constant.

Let me illustrate it further with an example

The column INR Cost Inc Mark Up is in Indian Rupee

This column must be converted into USD.

It must be converted based on the SPOT RATE for the day. Once calculated, the value can only change the next day because SPOT RATE is likely to change only on a daily basis

Kindly help.

Regards

Bobji

INR '000
Billing FTM 
 INR '000
Markup @ 15% 
INR
Cost Inc Mark up
Cost USD

5,816                                   872                            66,88,339                                 
                            831                                   125                              9,55,563                                    
                                1                                       0                                    1,472                                         
                            110                                     16                              1,26,267                                    
                               -                                        -                                            -                                            -  
                         6,728                               1,009                            77,37,112                                 
                            802                                   120                              9,22,241                                   
                         4,237                                   636                            48,72,734                                
                                9                                       1                                 10,345                                       
                                2                                       0                                    2,170                                         
279                                     42                              3,20,919                                   

8 REPLIES 8
aatalai
14 - Magnetar

You need to bring in the spot rate, using the append field tool, and then depending on which way the spot rate is going divide or multiply the cost inc mark up

BobjiK
8 - Asteroid

Hi @aatalai 

How do I bring in the spot rate? It is available in the company website. How do I capture that value?

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@BobjiK can you use an api/the download tool?

BobjiK
8 - Asteroid

Hi @aatalai

Do you mind elaborating on that? I don't know what is that tool. 

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

what website are you using

BobjiK
8 - Asteroid

@aatalai 

It is an internal company website. 

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

that might be tricky, but try this put the URL into a text input tool and connect that to the download tool, and see what you get

BobjiK
8 - Asteroid

@aatalai 

Would you mind sending a sample WF?

Labels