Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Branch leading to Iterative Macro not stopping when 0 records present.

PaulCollis
5 - Atom

Hi Beautiful People!

I have designed a workflow which has a filter node evaluating if there are any records that I wish to be processed by an iterative macro downstream. 

When there are 0 records in the True output I was expecting the branch to end and for the False branch to be the only active part. 

However my iterative macro within the True branch is still triggering and throwing an error.  I've double checked each input handle to the macro and both have 0 records.

Does anyone have any ideas how to stop this happening please?

PaulCollis_0-1671609343887.png

2 REPLIES 2
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @PaulCollis 

It should stop yes, but, couple of things to look at as even though no data flows the fields do - are the right field headers going into the Macro, and are the data types of the fields (specifically Sessionid) the same coming out as they are coming in?

PaulCollis
5 - Atom

Thanks David,

I solved this in the end by going into the Macro and Union'ing in a blank dummy record which I then filtered out when there was real data and ensured all fields and data types remained the same when no real data was there.

Still feels a little odd, would love there to be a dynamic logic function that you can add to a flow to change the direction etc.

Labels