Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Block until done issue

Ngar
5 - Atom

Hi team,

I have a workflow with two outputs and I am using a Crew macro “parallel block until done”. My requirement is to write data to a sql server table. But, the workflow is writing data out of #2 flow and then writing data out of #1 flow. I saw many examples working for excel. Could you please tell if there is any limitations with SQLserver for the macro? 

thanks

nithin 

2 REPLIES 2
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Ngar 

The Crew macro should correctly finish #1 before #2, however that does not mean that all downstream tools in #1 finish before #2 starts.  Depending on how your workflow is configured, output anchor #1 could finish, but output anchor #2 and all associated downstream tools finish before all downstream tools from anchor #1 finish  It may help if you post an image of your workflow (if large, just the Parallel Block Until Done tool and tools downstream of it).

Ngar
5 - Atom

Hi @T_Willins

Attached is the workflow. My workflow is huge so add only after the Block until now too. I added two tools 1. basic "Bock until Done" : to check if the incoming data is completed. 2. Macro: "Parallel block until done".  output: #2: append Data to table. output #1: Deletes data by using pre-sql logic and appends incoming data in to table.

Labels