Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Block Until Done Issue - Data Output

ridodson
6 - Meteoroid

Recently, I have been having issues with the Block Until Done feature in Alteryx Designer, so I am reaching to see if others have come across this and have a solution. For demonstration purposes, I have selected the input anchor to show that data is successfully flowing in to the tool (picture one). But, when looking at the results of all anchors, there isn't any data showing in the results window. I have attached Select tools and others to see if it was just that the tool needed some type of other action following the Block Until Done, but it doesn't seem like that was a solve either.

Any suggestions?

ridodson_1-1664026839821.png

5 REPLIES 5
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I dont really use often the block until done but did not encounter your issue with experience.

I have also did a quick test with the Sample of the tool it looks just fine.

Is it possible to post your sampe flow so we can replicate the issue?

bud.PNG

dnuttall
5 - Atom

I am experiencing the same issue. The Blocked Until Done tool was working fine previously but now the data is not passing through. I attached a screenshots where 33,334 records are going into the BUD tool and no data comes out. Is this a known issue?

koppenhe
7 - Meteor

If using version 2022.1, this is a known issue and the BUD tool is not supported due to the AMP engine. Try disabling the AMP engine under the canvas workflow settings. 

pitmansm
8 - Asteroid

is this fixed in future versions? That seems like a pretty serious bug.

koppenhe
7 - Meteor

@pitmansm The most recent release allows users to dictate order of operations via container tools. I haven’t tested this yet but in theory order of operations coupled with BUD should work as a solution. 

Labels