Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Blob single tab template applied to every tab in output base on field

Carluccio555
9 - Comet

I'm aware of the blob example here https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/The-Blob-Reporting-That-Isn-t-From-a-Horror-Film/ba-p/...

But would like to apply this to multiple sheets in the same output that will all follow the exact same template, with each tab based on a field.

I have attached three excel files: a formatted template, source data with an output path to Test.xlsx for two separate tabs, and what the Test.xlsx file should look look like when the workflow is complete. ie the template is applied to all tabs in the output which will have separate tabs based on the country which is linked to the output path.

Hopefully someone can help me join the dots here.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Carluccio555 
I made a workflow as attached and I did not use Blob to generate the template file, using CMD instead.
With minor effort, I believe we can change it to Blob if you prefer.

0123-Carluccio555.PNG

kristenbaxter
5 - Atom

@Qiu would you mind expanding this to the use blobs instead of command prompt? I have a few use cases where this would be helpful. 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@AkimasaKajitani  @kristenbaxter 
Maybe you can help us with this?  😁

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Qiu and @kristenbaxter 

As far as I know, if the template excel has one sheet, the output should have one sheet. In other words, Blob tool way allow you copy one excel template to multiple excel files, but it can't allow you copy from one excel file which have one sheet to the one excel file which have multiple sheets.

For example,

OK : A.xlsx|||SheetA => B.xlsx|||SheetA and C.xlsx|||SheetA

NG :A.xlsx|||SheetA => A.xlsx|||SheetA and SheetB and SheetC

OK : A.xlsx|||SheetA and SheetB  => B.xlsx|||SheetA and SheetB,  C.xlsx|||SheetA and SheetB

In other words, we can not copy only the sheet using Blob tool.

But if you can prepare the required sheets which have the same template at the template excel book, it will work.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@kristenbaxter 
 I guess I was wrong with the abpve statement. sorry😁

kristenbaxter
5 - Atom

Thanks all!

Labels