Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Batch macro

sbrv034
5 - Atom

Hi 

Im trying to create a dynamic filter.

i have transformed the data prior to the batch macro and created a ranking after the macro.

I need different questions be chosen1.png2.png3.png4.png by the batch macro automatically so i can get ranking for all of the questions that i have in my workflow.

it would be great if someone can identify the issue with this workflow

this is the source i used

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Dynamic-Filter/ta-p/9922 

7 REPLIES 7
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

your action tool is incorrectly configured. You are replacing a field name value - not a value. your field name does not exist so you are getting that error. I would recommend building your batch macro with X in ("X","Y") - where X is a sample value which is one of the terms of your in-statement. X should be replaced by your action tool. this will allow you to test your macro in build phases and to successfully run it.

sbrv034
5 - Atom

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to change the action tool however I am still getting the error. would you be able to have a look at the batch macro attached if possible.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@sbrv034 Updated batch macro attached

also in the main workflow update the field  "expression" in the control parameter of the macro, an example is given below

binuacs_0-1687295540886.png

sbrv034
5 - Atom

Many thanks.

I am still getting an error.

Attached is the dummy data i am using to get this batch macro working 

5.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Can you upload this as a workflow package (export workflow). that way we can get the the macros/outerworkflow in one file? You need to be sending in a value which matches ('Academic support') in terms of formatting (ie () must be included...). 

sbrv034
5 - Atom

Please find attached the workflow

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Your problem wasn't your batch macro set up - your issue was that you were using single quotes in your summarize tool. That's not a problem - but in four of your records you had a single quote as an apostrophe - effectively splitting and breaking your IN term. I've used double quotes in your summarize tool and fixed this issue.

sample: 23. To what extent are students' opinions about the course valued by staff?

Labels