Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro can't find the file. Make sure the path is correct

SubbuSharma
8 - Asteroid

Hello, 

I am trying to automate one of the report and batch macro is not picking/recognizing the file from the defined path (UNC). I am using a batch macro however, still not able to crack the issue. Kindly help. 

Attached is the workflow for reference. 

Thanks

Subbu

6 REPLIES 6
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@SubbuSharma The file path is wrong it should be the pipe symbol  (|) not the forward-slash (/)

[FullPath] + "|||Data$"

binuacs_0-1675787589019.png

ShankerV
17 - Castor

.Hi @SubbuSharma 

The sheet name should be with |||Data in the formula tool.

ShankerV_0-1675787762449.png

SubbuSharma
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs @ShankerV 

thank you for the suggestion. However, workflow is running from last 15 mins. It's just one file with few columns. Not sure, what's happening in the Basic Table tool (that's where the workflow is stuck). 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@SubbuSharma are you able to upload your macro also a sample input file to test your workflow?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

First off - turn on macro messages in your workflow configuration.

Next - your problem is probably that you are sending in tons of records via your control parameter. You want to send in each file name you are trying to read - but if your workflow has 10,000 records with the same filename - Alteryx won't necessarily know that you want to read in the same filename once vs 10000. I'd recommend using a summarize tool leading into your control parameter.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@SubbuSharma Attaching a sample workflow for your reference

binuacs_0-1675790396878.png

Labels