Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Batch Macro Internal Error - can't find a solution

JoeApples
5 - Atom

Hi All - I am getting an "internal error" on my batch macro that I cannot seem to solve, and I am not sure if it has been solved before.  

JoeApples_1-1676287717940.png

For context, I am batching 18 files that should have the same schematics. I am using a macro to read in the sheet names and append the sheet name to the file path: 

"folder\excel.xlsx|||Results_Detail"

However I am getting an internal error. I saw a previous thread in the community that was left unsolved which talked about this same error. It mentioned to try and add a dynamic input tool to get a better description, and that error says it cannot find the files. However... when I can load the files into my batch macro so i know it can be found. Further in the action tool of my batch match... if I replace the file - value, it gives me the error. If I click to replace the full string I get the same error. 

By playing around, if I replace the string from: 

.xlsx|||`Results_Detail$`

to 

.xlsx|||Results_Detail

the macro will batch the first file 18 times and removes the error. However, all other batch macros I have built have always had that same sheet name convention of a UC.xlsx|||`Results_Detail$`

Any help would be appreciated

1 REPLY 1
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@JoeApples Would you be able to share your macro input file configuration? 

Labels