Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Bankers Rounding/ASTM Rounding

JHOL
5 - Atom

Hello, I'm trying to get a formula that will round numbers per ASTM rounding/bankers rounding.  This is also known as round half even.  I've seen some previous posts on this but never really saw a conclusive answer.  

For example: 2.65 would round to 2.6.

2.75 would round to 2.8

2.74 would round to 2.7

2.79 would round to 2.8

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @JHOL 

You can use the round function in the formula tool to do this:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Round-Numeric-Values-with-th...

You would just want to specify one decimal place.

Hope this helps,
TheOC

Bulien
JHOL
5 - Atom

The round tool does not allow you to specify this specific type of bankers rounding that I need. It would round 2.15 and 2.25 to 2.2 and 2.3 respectively. I need them to round to 2.2 and 2.2. 

fakbarli
5 - Atom

Any luck on this?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

how many digits - for rounding to tenths you'd use- if mod(round([Field1],.1),2)=0 then round([Field1],.1) else round([Field1],.1)-.1 endif

you'd adjust depending on the digits you want. could this be dynamic - sure. But I'm lazy so I'll hand you that and you can use as you'd want.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

deleted (duplicated)

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@JHOL would 2.66 be 2.7 or 2.6?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@aatalai - depends on the round precision - tenths - that would be 2.6. To hundredth it would stay at 2.66. @fakbarli can use my formula and adjust for their rounding needs.

Labels