Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Assign a number per value upto a limit

anudeepy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

My data looks similar to this. Value is in descending order. (Name has been trimmed for privacy and all of them are unique)

anudeepy_0-1604400924008.png

I want to create an extra column which will have numbers from 1 onwards i.e highest Value gets 1 and so on.

Also, another condition is if the Value sum equals 75, remaining Rows should be assigned'0' in that extra column.

Attached is the sample data file. File Name is a random unique place name. For each place, the process should repeat. I'm using Alteryx 2018.2

Please provide your valuable suggestions/solutions. Greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Anudeep

9 REPLIES 9
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @anudeepy,

I have created a workflow for you:

Emil_Kos_0-1604402058970.png

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@anudeepy 
Your decription is very clear to me.

Check if this is what you need.

Appreciate if you would mark it as accepted if it does help.

Your Alteryx version might be an issue to open my workflow, but it should be ok if you just click ok and proceed.

Y1103-anudeepy.PNG

anudeepy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Emil,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I need the extra column to have numbers 1, 2, 3 for values adding up to 75. and others to be 0. 

The highest vale be assigned 1, following 2, and so on till the sum reaches 75 and all others become 0 after..

Thank you,

Anudeep

anudeepy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Qiu,

I'm unable to even download your solution. It says No file. Can you please resend it? 

Note - I think your workflow might be the solution. Just want to have a closer look.

Thank you,

Anudeep.

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hello,

Attached the workflow.

Hope it will help 🙂

Regards,

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Hi @anudeepy — Try this solution which can also be done without using a Multi-Row formula:

vizAlter_0-1604403690307.png

If this assists you please mark the answer "Solved" with a Like, if not let me know!

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

@anudeepy — Enclosed workflow for your 2018.2 version

anudeepy
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you @Viz Works well and good.

Thank you @messi007 but the numbering is reversed in your case. But thank you for your efforts.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@anudeepy 
Thank you for the mark.
I am uploading the workflow again for your reference, both the workflow and the package.

Labels