Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Appending multiple Excel Sheets into one Imput / Output File using a Workflow

Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community,

Need some help please I need to Append multiple Excel Sheets into one Imput / Output File using a Workflow

All the files have the same schema  / layout as these are run for different WH's, I want to put into one master table, then filter data as required. Can someone please explain how to do this?

3 REPLIES 3
DataNath
17 - Castor

@Karl_Spratt if you just want to leave the flow as is then you can bring on a ‘Union’ tool and plug all 4 input data tools into that, setting the configuration to auto configure by position/name (if they’re the same order it won’t matter, if fields are the same but in a different order use name). Then they’ll all be consolidated into one. If you want to reduce the number of Input Data tools then, if these files are saved in the same place, you can just change the input filepath to use a wildcard so before your .xlsx you’d just place a *, which will pick up all excel files in that directory. You can achieve similar results with a directory tool into a dynamic input but both would rely on the directory being dedicated to these files unless you applied some filtering.

Wildcard example - assuming the schema is the same, this would pick up all .xlsx files in the 'Test' directory:

DataNath_0-1657094943325.png

Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Hi DataNath - That worked thank you 

Cheers Karl.

mayesh3333
5 - Atom

How will I go about it if my schema is different? I have spreadsheets that all have the same tab name and column names. However, the schema is different.

Labels