Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Any way to run iterative macro multiple times in the macro designer?

WConnolly
5 - Atom

Hey all, I'm working on an iterative macro and I'm running into some issues with how it's handling the data. I was wondering if there was a way to run multiple iterations of the macro in the editor without having to go outside of the editor? I just need to see how it handles 2 or 3 rows in a step-by-step process instead of just the one row I can see when I normally run it in the editor.

Is this possible? 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @WConnolly, unfortunately there isn't at present. Whenever I do this personally, I do one run, take the output and paste it into the input and then re-run as if it were the 2nd iteration and so on. This is super long-winded and very frustrating which is why I'd urge you to show some support to @IraWatt's Idea here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Ideas/Run-iterative-macros-for-a-given-num... - which addresses this exact issue!

WConnolly
5 - Atom

Thank you, just commented on the thread!

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It is a real hassle currently. Thanks for the support for the idea, the more support we get the more likely it is to be updated 😄

Labels