Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Adding missing dates between the data and replicating the data for the recent date

Maanu
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Everyone,

I have a complex ask. I have provided the expected input and the output file.

In the input file, I have Customer, date and other fields with respect to customer.

If you see the input file, for example,we have data for 1st Jan and 6th Jan 2022. 

What I need is to populate the missing dates between 1st Jan and 6th Jan and  copy the data  of the last transaction date (in this case, 1st Jan) to all the filled missing dates. Which means all the customer who had their data on 1st Jan will also have on 2nd jan,3rd jan, 4th Jan and 5th jan.

One thing to note is that the difference between two dates can range between 1 to 7.

Irrespective of other fields, i just want all the data to be copied for the missing dates.

Required on an urgent basis.

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
Clifford_Coon
11 - Bolide

Hi @Maanu 

Here is one option:

Annotation 2023-06-27 094313.jpg

 Hapy Solving ;-)

Maanu
6 - Meteoroid

Not quite the same,
I only want to populate the customers who have some engagement in the last mentioned date up till the next dates comes up.
So in your case u r populating customer A from 1st Jan till 9th Jan which is not what I want.
Customer A should only be replicated from Jan1st to Jan5th.
Then whichever customer are engaged on 6th Jan should be replicated till the next date which comes.
So from 6th Jan to 10th Jan only customers B  & D should be replicated.
Got it??

Maanu
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks a lot for the solution.

It worked well for the dummy data that I provided but when i try to run it on the original data,  I get an error in the "Append component".

The error is There were more than 16 records in the source.

In original data, after summarizing, i have 243 dates and 25K customers.

Maanu
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks a lot for the solution.

It worked well for the dummy data that I provided but when i try to run it on the original data, I get an error in the Append component.

The error is There were more than 16 records in the source.

In original data, after summarizing, i have 243 dates and 25K customers.

nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

@Maanu 

select 'Allow all appends' in Append tool to remove the error.

Untitled.png

Clifford_Coon
11 - Bolide

@nagakavyasri , Thanks for stepping in on the clarification.  @Maanu I'm glad this helped. (I didn't see your until after @nagakavyasri responded).  As a hint, when you @ reference someone, they will get a notification.

Hapy solving ;-)

Labels