Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Any way to create manual comments to user end of the result ?

Gmurugan
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Very Important Usecase!.

User wants to add their comments in our report which is created in Alteryx. The Comments is also want to be update anytime and also want to track. The problem here is, user going to get the report in .xls format/ not supposed to give alteryx permission. 

In this case, any possible way to achieve this ? Suggestions pls. 

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @Gmurugan 

Have you considered an Analytical Application asking your users to type in the message they wnat? warning, I thinking on a brief message not an essay 😀

Arnaldo

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Not sure what you mean, but if your commentary has some logical flow to it, you should be able to write it in a formula tool as a new field. 

Can you provide more information? In addition, provide some raw data and some outputs + expected outputs. Then we get more context. 

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @Gmurugan 

I attached an Alteryx Applications generating 3 Excel files with different approaches to add comments to it.

Arnaldo

ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

@caltang 

I think I had implemented that idea before, I attached an application, but we will see @Gmurugan reply to get a clear picture of what he wants.

Arnaldo

Gmurugan
7 - Meteor

@ArnaldoSandoval  and @caltang 

Thanks your help !. My Uses case is different. User wants to add comments in each row based on output value.

In my workflow result have lots of columns each as showing the counts based on some logic. Last columns as % of desired result. 

Based on each row % and other values user wants to add their notes end of the result. Any other way ? 

Notes.PNG

And one more question. To use Analytical app user required Alteryx desktop license ?

Thanks

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

What is the underlying logic to each group and commentary? If you spell it out here, we can think of something.

You may need this as well: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/How-to-Create-Merged-Cells-in-Reports-Part-1/ba-p/9746... based on your image, the rows are merged and grouped.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

@Gmurugan 

And one more question. To use Analytical app user required Alteryx desktop license ?

No, you don't need Alteryx Desktop license to run Analytical App, they run directly from the server, their user interface is just a little bit different but not by much.

Your screenshot shows 5 comments, here come some questions:

• Are we talking about maximum 5 comments or could they be more with an open top limit?
  • Are those comments pre-defined or freeform? so the user can write whatever they please which open the possibility that two different users could write a different comment for the same set of conditions.
  • You need to be more specify about the row % and other values to build the rules we need.

Perhaps answering to the third question will fine tune the implementation approach, the options are:

1. Analytical Application
  2. Look-up table

Arnaldo

Labels