Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Any example on Support Vector Machine integration

fomenter
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I was looking for sample workflows for SVM application as I could not figure out how to get it worked (keep getting error). Has anybody done any work on SVM?

4 REPLIES 4
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Not an expert, but I've attached a simple SVM modeling of the famous Kaggle Titanic data set.  Hopefully it may help.

fomenter
8 - Asteroid

Works perfect! Give me a good hint for my model. Thanks

fomenter
8 - Asteroid

Question Joh,

Why does it give me an error when I choose more than one predictor for SVM? Any idea thanks.

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Unfortunately I'm not 100% sure.  I mocked up some data and was abel to generate an error pretty easily; and the error was generated from within the macro in an area where it's busy building the interactive output.  The SVM model did get built, and I was able to score it.  (However it was not a good model: my data was all random and largely unique values).  You may have the same issues.

Aside: If you're really predicting vehicle make based on VIN, there may be easier approaches; (e.g. https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Vehicle_Identification_Numbers_(VIN_codes)/World_Manufacturer_Identifi... which has a table based on the 1st three digist of the VIN).

Labels