Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Any example on Support Vector Machine integration

fomenter
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I was looking for sample workflows for SVM application as I could not figure out how to get it worked (keep getting error). Has anybody done any work on SVM?

4 REPLIES 4
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Not an expert, but I've attached a simple SVM modeling of the famous Kaggle Titanic data set.  Hopefully it may help.

fomenter
8 - Asteroid

Works perfect! Give me a good hint for my model. Thanks

fomenter
8 - Asteroid

Question Joh,

Why does it give me an error when I choose more than one predictor for SVM? Any idea thanks.

JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Unfortunately I'm not 100% sure.  I mocked up some data and was abel to generate an error pretty easily; and the error was generated from within the macro in an area where it's busy building the interactive output.  The SVM model did get built, and I was able to score it.  (However it was not a good model: my data was all random and largely unique values).  You may have the same issues.

Aside: If you're really predicting vehicle make based on VIN, there may be easier approaches; (e.g. https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Vehicle_Identification_Numbers_(VIN_codes)/World_Manufacturer_Identifi... which has a table based on the 1st three digist of the VIN).

Labels