Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Annoying problem trying to replace field with a static value in a cell

krishnagandhi
8 - Asteroid

So i have the following excel data:

krishnagandhi_0-1590618170962.png

All i want to do is take that value of cell C1 and replace every value in column A with with it. i was trying to do a find and replace and was getting nowhere....

Help!

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @krishnagandhi, the approach in the attached solution is one way you can have values in cell C1 used as values in column Item Number

AbhilashR_0-1590627980797.png

The approach assumes your source file will always have the same structure.

hroderick-thr
11 - Bolide

Read the sheet

add a record id

filter off record id 1

append full dataset with record id 1 row, add column C from record id 1 to every row, call it column D

use formula to change column A to value from added column D

use select tool to remove record id and added column D

Blake
12 - Quasar

Hi @krishnagandhi 

You'll want to isolate your contract # and then append it on your data set. Since you're only interested in the item number fields that have values you may want to filter to only include records with data in field A. 

I removed the original "A" field because it seems like you don't really want that information. It seems like you want to strip out the header info (cell C1) and apply it to all your records. 

Start Data 

Blake_2-1590628405684.png

Workflow and result

Blake_0-1590628355100.png

Check out the attached workflow and let me know if it makes sense.

In the future, can you please attach a sample of your data rather than just a screenshot? It makes it much easier for people in the community to mock up a solution for you. 

Thanks! 

Labels