Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Analytic Application- Editing Sort Tool

leosgrossman
5 - Atom

I'm currently working on a project that involves particular formatting and standardization through an Alteryx Application. In one of the workflows I would like to add to my chained application, I'm attempting to implement a customizable sort tool where the fields consistently update and the user can select the desired field through a drop down and the sort can be decided by the user whether that be ascending or descending. Currently having trouble choosing a different field from the original field used in the tool along with the choice of sort. Attached below are my two action configurations.

legr5910_0-1659458667080.pnglegr5910_1-1659458693419.pnglegr5910_2-1659458723542.png

1 REPLY 1
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Any error messages?   Can you post the app with the tools you're having trouble with?  The screenshots don't show the bottom of the Action window. 

To debug a macro (or app), open your macro then use menu option View > Interface Designer, then click the magic wand icon, populate any parameter values, then click the Open Debug window. A debug workflow will open as a new tab in your current Alteryx session. Run the debug workflow to make sure it is creating your desired results.

This also helps to debug:
Community > Blogs > Engine Works Blog > The X-Ray Browse: Macro Debugging Made Easier
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works-Blog/The-X-Ray-Browse-Macro-Debugging-Made-Easier/ba-p...

Chris

Labels