Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx workflow Schedule in Designer

Rashmigangadhara
5 - Atom

Hi ,

I have a requirement to schedule the Alteryx workflow in the designer once a week , and it has to be scheduled multiple times in the same day.

Example: Every Sunday I want to schedule and  from Sunday 8AM to Monday 8 AM , I want to schedule same workflow 4 times.

Consider workflow takes 6hrs to complete, and schedules are

1. 9AM  Sunday
  2. 3PM  Sunday
  3. 11PM Sunday
  4. 8AM Monday

Note : Same workflow needs be called in every schedule

Can you please share the details on below queries

1. Is it possible to schedule as per above request.
  2. If Yes , what happens if due to any issue previous scheduled  workflow is delayed and it overlaps the next schedule

Will it trigger or Skip the next workflow

Example : if the workflow scheduled at 3PM completes at 11.30 PM, will the 11PM scheduled workflow will be triggered or directly 8AM Monday one will trigger.

We are using the Alteryx designer 2021.3.5 version.

1 REPLY 1
Kakuffo
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @Rashmigangadhara  in roder to schedule your workflows you will need to purchase the Server product from Alteryx. With this in place you can set up your schedules for whatever times you require.

In relation to the workflows running - the scheduler will que workflows so that your desired number of parallel workflows can run at the same time any additonal processes will simply be added to the que. So if it is the one workflow you have scheduled and it requires the previous run to finish before starting the next run then it will que and once runn1 has completed run 2 will start.

Labels