Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx was unable to download or extract the Oracle Instant Client driver zip file

vhegde
5 - Atom

I am trying to connect Alteryx to Oracle Database on my 64-bit machine. After defining the file location that I want the Oracle Client Driver to be saved, I get the below error message 

Alteryx was unable to download or extract the Oracle Instant Client driver zip file. If this issue persists, contact your IT administrator 

Could you please help me get this resolved?

7 REPLIES 7
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

You may not have the necessary permissions to leverage that folder. What happens if you just use the default and don't specify a folder? 

vhegde5891
5 - Atom

It is mandatory to specify a folder. Below is the link to get the connection -

How to Connect to an Oracle Database in Alteryx - Alteryx Community

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Ah, thank you for the reminder. Can you try a different folder that your user account might have more access to?

vhegde5891
5 - Atom

Good point Brandon! I did try quite a few folders and had IT check my access. No luck with that too

mc_solomon_
5 - Atom

@vhegde @vhegde5891 Any luck with this? I am having the same issue.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi, maybe try running Alteryx as admin, if you have the admin version installed. I remember installing it under C:\Oracle\, I had to create that folder. 

wildflower
8 - Asteroid

I have found that the UserSettings.xml sometimes isn't able to pick up the install location so this line of code needs to be revised to insert the Oracle driver location:

• Close out of Designer!
  • Locate the path for where you told Designer to install the Oracle driver. I chose a folder that's not the same location as my Designer install, like Documents.
  • Navigate to the UserSettings.xml (this is what Designer loads for its configs): %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Alteryx\Engine\UserSettings.xml
  • Edit this line of code by inserting in the driver path > Save (make sure it's saved by reopening the file):
  • <OracleInstantClientInstallPath NoInherit="False">DriverPath</OracleInstantClientInstallPath>
  • wildflower_1-1668722133842.jpeg
  • Relaunch Designer and drag an input tool > datasources > Oracle Quick Connect

Labels