Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx vs. SPSS

YeahMan
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Has anyone compared ease of use of SPSS vs Alteryx and/or pros & cons for statistical analysis?

We have licenses for both but are a small department (3 people) and constantly under time constraints. One person has expertise in SPSS and none of us have expertise with Alteryx's statistical capabilities or R.

We are trying to decide if we should continue to use SPSS or try to migrate all of our statistical analysis to Alteryx. As an example, we do a lot of survey response analysis which includes basic descriptive statistics, trending, etc. One pro of SPSS is that it automatically separates out N/A responses.

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

--sue

1 REPLY 1
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I'm not overly familar with SPSS but I'd expect with some investment in training and/or assistance in porting your current SPSS work to Alteryx, Alteryx could solve your needs. A note though - with Alteryx predictive modeling tools written in R - it's very helpful to have some R knowledge for editing/changing etc even if the out of the box tool solution works. I'd imagine this is the same with Python and SPSS's Random Forest node and their other Python based nodes...

Labels