Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx did not detect a driver for connecting to Oracle

malibu0814
5 - Atom

Yesterday, I was in the middle of converting our on-prem DB servers to AWS. Everything was moving along nicely when suddenly I received an error of Unable to find the dll: 'OCI.dll'. I have tried several things even reinstalling Oracle, Alteryx as well as editing the Environment Variables all to no avail.

I am able to download WFs from our Alteryx Server, update the OCI connections (created previously to this issue), reuploading to the Alteryx Server and accomplishing what is required.  However, I am unable to connect via my localhost connection and receive even the message that Oracle is not installed when I attempt to create a new Quick Connect connection.

malibu0814_0-1643904217569.png

Looking for any help I can get here because I am unable to run any WF on my PC that accesses our DB.

Thanks,

Joe Sciarrino

1 REPLY 1
Lisa_M
8 - Asteroid

Did you ever get a response on this one?  I've just been told Alteryx requires Oracle Client Software v8.1.7 or higher, despite the fact I have Oracle Instant Client v21 as well as Oracle Client v12 already installed.

This only happened after we moved our on prem servers to AWS this weekend...

Labels