Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Using same workflow for multiple input sheets

JACKIEC1992
7 - Meteor

I want to use this same workflow and be able to run it for multiple sheets in the 6.22.22 Payroll GL and for it to add to the output 6.22.22 Upload file. Is the only way to run this workflow for each sheet is to copy the workflow 15 times and do a union to the output file?

3 REPLIES 3
Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

Hi @JACKIEC1992 ,

If you want to run a flow that goes on different tabs of an excel sheet, just use the "Overwrite a sheet or a range" option ( Line 3 Output options of output data tool as shown in screenshoot below ) so that at each run, if a new sheet is indicated in the flow to be added to this excel sheet.

The contents of the previous one will not be overwritten. This will therefore make two separate tabs in the same excel sheet. And you can do it whenever you want.

Note that these sheets must have different names for it works.

However, if that doesn't answer your question, can you provide us with a specific example of what you want as output and what you get as input with a stream for us to test.

Emmanuel_G_0-1657498237324.png

JACKIEC1992
7 - Meteor

How do I specify the sheet name? I am running into an error with this when running

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

Hi @JACKIEC1992 ,

To export several sheets in the same spreadsheet, you must be in excel. So put an .xlsx instead of .csv in the file extension like I did in my example.

You get an error because in the extension where there is the folder where you put your file you put a .csv but in the format you put Excel.

You do this by following the name of your file with the extension .xlsx by |||sheetname as you can see in the attached example.

Let me know if it works.

PS : If it's still not the desired output, send me a draft of the input and a format of the output you want to obtain for me to test.

Cheers !

Emmanuel_G_0-1657550095213.png

Labels