Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx can't read a tab

yilingchen02
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

I used a macro to read multiple files into alteryx. The macro works well on tabs A, B, C. But on tab D, alteryx can't read anything. It just shows column title but no content in the columns. 

The fact that this macro works for other tabs makes me think coding works. I am puzzled what can cause tab D not to be read in correctly. Have you seen formatting issues in excel that would cause the entire tab not be read?

Alteryx flow looks like this

Directory -> Formula([FullPath]+"|||Asset Characteristics") -> Macro

Thanks,

Yiling

29 REPLIES 29
jdminton
12 - Quasar

Thank you. Can you share the output that you are getting for this tab? Since we can’t see what’s happening in the macro, I agree that you should try an input tool for this one tab only to see if a regular input works. If you can share the config screen for the input tool, that might help if you are receiving the same result.

jdminton
12 - Quasar

I know that merged cells can cause an issue sometimes. It looks like column a may be merged down the entire page. Can you confirm? If it is, I would compare to the working GHG tabs and see if it is in those also.

yilingchen02
8 - Asteroid

This is how the output looks like: it has column names but nothing below that. 

jdminton
12 - Quasar

Can you also share the configuration screen from the input tool in the macro? The headers shown in your output don't align with anything visible in the spreadsheet. Also, I may have missed it, but did you try to use a regular input tool on just this tab to see if it worked with the regular tool?

yilingchen02
8 - Asteroid

Great suggestion! On regular input tool the import works on tab 'GHG'. Then the problem seems to be batch macro code? Here is a quick look. Could it be because the batch macro was reference a different tab 'Asset Characteristics' instead of 'GHG'?

jdminton
12 - Quasar

We'll nee to look at the configuration for the highlighted tool. It should look something like the second image.

Snag_1a9e1258.png

Snag_1a9faa5d.png

yilingchen02
8 - Asteroid

This?

jdminton
12 - Quasar

That piece looks fine. can you click on the input and get the config screen for that? It should look similar to the below

Snag_1abb368c.png

yilingchen02
8 - Asteroid

Thank you. Input looks like this

jdminton
12 - Quasar

It doesn't make much sense why this isn't working at this point from an Alteryx perspective unless it is column A on the spreadsheet. Are you able to delete column A from the spreadsheet tab and test the macro after?

Labels