Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Skip Last Row

henrygeorge
8 - Asteroid

How do I skip rows at the end of my file without using crew tool SkipLastN

9 REPLIES 9
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @henrygeorge , one of the possible solutions is you can assign record id to the records then sort then by record id desc then use sample tool to skip first n records and then again sort those records by record id asc, this might work for you.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @henrygeorge ,

after loading the complete file you can add a RecordId, find the number of records using the Count Records tool, append the total number of records to your data using the Append Fields tool and select only rows with [RecordId] < [Count] - number of last records to skip using a Filter tool.

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland  

wwatson
12 - Quasar

Here is another option. The input has 10 rows and I set this to exclude the last 3 from the output.

wwatson_0-1594803413087.png

inumidun2009
7 - Meteor

Thanks for sharing, Watson.

This was very helpful.

Kind regards.

Taiwo Adegoke.

gregx
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, nice workaround.

On the other hand it's hilarious that there is 'skip N first rows', but no 'skip N last rows'. The fact you have to put 3 tools in order to do that makes Alteryx very inconvenient.

AshRez
7 - Meteor

I agree, Alteryx needs to read these and improve on the tool, without having us to create workarounds all the time. It is called evolution. 

nukamanoj
6 - Meteoroid

Is it not possible to create a new version something called AlteryxAdv where we can include few more tools are amend existing tools to incorporate these new facility?

nukamanoj
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I have the data contains more than 5000 rows out of which i want to remove only one last row, still we will have to follow this whole process of record IDs?

AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

@nukamanoj 

a macro is what you are looking for. You can add interface tools to make it behave a lot like typical Alteryx tools, but can extend functionality as well.

Labels