Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx - Error transferring data: Couldn't connect to server

Ariharan
11 - Bolide

Hi Team,

Intermittently some of our Alteryx workflows throw an error message stating that the connection error could not connect to the server.

Let's say example if i trying to retrieve data from a URL using Download, and is intermittently throwing the error message Error Transfering data Couldn't connect to the server. Despite making over 100 calls, most of which were successful, a few failed with the error message. These issues appear to be random and we have yet to discover any pattern or explanation for the error message.

After this, we have tested several other simple cases using the download tool and have observed the same behavior.

We also tested the same workflow in Alteryx Designer within the server and encountered the same intermittent issue.

Error 2.PNG

Would you be so kind as to share your thoughts?

Regards, 

Ariharan Rengasamy

2 REPLIES 2
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Ariharan 

Found some article on the similar issue, it says the problem is on proxy server.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/Download-Tool-quot-Error-transferring-da...

md517t
6 - Meteoroid

We were experiencing this situation on both the desktop and server after upgrading to Alteryx 2022.3.1.590.  In our situation, the Download Tool did not like the HTTP protocol.  Once we changed the web address to the HTTPs protocol, the workflow and app ran without issue.  As an added step, I included the web address in my Trusted Sites under Internet Options just in case (START > Internet Options > Security > Trusted sites > Sites > Add this website to the zone).  

Labels