Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alteryx Desktop: multi-field tool is changing the decimals

OksanaBezpyata
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Could you please advise how to fix the following issue. I am using multi-field formula to replace nulls to 0 and multi-field formula tool ( I also tried cleansing tool, the same behaviour) and after applying this tool decimal values are changed, please see below:

OksanaBezpyata_0-1652802814549.png

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Oksana

6 REPLIES 6
DataNath
17 - Castor

Are you using a fixed decimal datatype? If so, Alteryx will be forced to show at this level. Unless you're needing this level of detail, you could change it to a double? If you're wanting to replace nulls with 0, could you not just use the data cleanse tool? Does that have the same effect?

DataNath
17 - Castor

You could also do something like this. This maintains just being 0 if you then change it back to a number (FixedDecimal included) with a select tool afterwards:

DataNath_0-1652805571588.png

OksanaBezpyata
8 - Asteroid

Hi! Thank you for your reply. Yes, I need fixed decimal datatype. Data cleanse tool has the same behaviour, I initially used it. 

Best regards,

Oksana

OksanaBezpyata
8 - Asteroid

Yes, as a workaround it may be used, but I would rather not apply it, as I have lots of columns, which this logic would have need to be applied for, it would probably influence the performance.

Thank you a lot for your suggestions.

Best regards,

Oksana

DataNath
17 - Castor

You wouldn't need a formula for each, you could just use another multi-field (then select after to change back to FixedDecimal). If it's not a viable option then no problem but can't think of any other options off the top of my head!

DataNath_0-1652808122093.png

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @OksanaBezpyata 

Using a select tool just before a data cleanse tool, modify the Sales Value field type tp Fixed Decimal, size 19.10.

Result.

SALES VALUE

Labels